Friday, November 9, 2007

Fears


Just got home from a night of printing. I had a new huge litho to work on. I like it, but I dunno. I don't know where it's going. I'm anxious that March is going to come and I'll have a bunch of random prints that are just sort of ok but that I don't love and that don't make sense as a whole. I want them to be great, but I don't know how to get there.

And what if I work and work and work and none of it really means anything, has any substance or guts, or I never find what I'm trying to say. It'll be like I'm just running into a wall over and over.

One of my friends told me this week that she's jealous that I have something I'm so passionate about, but I don't know if it's passion I feel for my artwork. It's more like I'm scared of it.

Shudder.

No comments: