Sunday, September 2, 2007

Summer's End


Labor Day weekend snuck up quickly.

Despite being out of school for 6 years and working a full time job, I think I still have that little kid mentality that a year ends and begins not with January 1st, but with the laying to rest of the last lingering summer days and looming crisp fall nights.

I've had a summer of wandering and of wondering, of being irresponsible, procrastinating, moving a little slower, breathing a little deeper. Now it's time to buckle down and start working - I'm starting a new job, Justin and I are sending out the comic for grant consideration, I have a show at Manhattan Graphics Center approaching in March.

So blah blah blah, what to do with myself today. Should I use my day off to work on a new lithograph, do some drawing, or maybe a last summer visit to Coney Island is in order?

No comments: