Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Paradise


I can't believe I'm still updating this thing. It's been a while since I've stuck to anything for a month straight.

Walking through Soho from the graphics center to the subway tonight, I passed by a diner. One of those diners that is long and narrow, plopped right on the sidewalk. It had pink neon lights and all the people inside were lit up pink and happy. I envied them, the way you often do if you're on the outside looking in, especially if there's food and liquor involved.

Anyway, here's a photo of a different kind of diner (i.e. any diner that is not a Soho diner). I've been to Lowell twice and both times the Paradise Diner was closed. It sits outside one of the many former mills. I don't know if it's Lowell legend or fact, but I heard it's where Jack came up with his On the Road alter ego's name. I think I need an alter ego. Any suggestions?

This was taken with my beloved Rolleiflex.

No comments: