Monday, July 7, 2008

Doubts and Crankiness


A major case of artistic inertia has set in this summer. Comic is going nowhere, I can't quite seem to focus, and nothing I make seems quite right. For a week I've been messing around with some Photoshop files that need to be made into polymer plates for letterpress printing, and I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I keep submitting them, then having them call me with some little thing wrong. It's aggravating and it's putting me way behind.
Sometimes I can so clearly see my life and livelihood being full of art and printing and comic making, but it feels so far away. I work so slowly and I get so distracted and down about the slow progress. So many of the things I've always wanted for myself are so distant right now. It's scary.
I mean, what can you do, though, but keep trying and hope things work out.

No comments: