Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I've got a little assembly line going on my lap tonight--cutting out these carnival badges, punching holes then tying the string on them. They are The Wonder City version of old Steeplechase ride badges, where holes were punched on the ride you went on. I replaced the laughing George Tilyou face with our heroine, Velma.

Our business cards (which have the same background design as yesterday's poster I posted) also came in. We're just waiting on our fortune teller party cards to roll in, and our carnival promotional materials will be set to go.

Tomorrow's our official release date for the comic book...the ads go up and the books is available for purchase on Amazon and Etsy. I'm not expecting a buzz of activity exactly, but it's exciting to think that the book is OUT there for anonymous eyeballs to view. And it makes me nervous too. But, you can't be too scared to venture out into the world with your offering...it's all about making friends and telling a good story the best you can.

No comments: